Vista 4472 veces, descargada 53 veces
preto de Caltabellotta, Sicilia (Italia)
difficulty: easy +
duration: ca. 3 hours
length: 8,3 km
restaurant: in the village
The hike starts in the higher parts of Caltabellotta and with seaview it leads to the Sciacca-Caltabellotta and turns back below the mountain until to the village's entrance.
Leaving the car on the piazza Lauria below the impressing abby of San Pellegrino you can take a coffee before starting. A few meters before the piazza take the road to the left and after ca. 100 m the next to the left which leads you down, having a wonderful sea view, to the Sciacca-Caltabellotta road. Turn right and follow this road for ca. 200 m and take the next road to the right side. A beautiful panorama path, with cement at its beginning and then typical country road, conducts you the beginning of Caltabellotta, hiking always below the rocks to your right side and upon the valley of Cottonaro-Figotto with view until Giuliana. The hike ends at the pizzeria "LE CAPRICE".
- start close to the abbey of San Pellegrino, altitude 893 m
- votive statuette in the rock, altitude ca. 865 m
- shepherd, altitude ca. 850 m
- road with deep furrows, altitude ca. 793 m
- votive statuette, altitudine 671 m
- entrance to the Sciacca-Caltabellotta, altitudine 683 m
- to the right, altitude 653 m
- the old watering place, altitude 561 m
- under the trees, altitude 561 m
- panorama, altitude 620 m
- last rise, altitude 600 m
- end, pizzeria "LE CAPRICE"
This hike is recommended for the fresh seasons (from October to Mai)
more info on www.siciliapartments.de/imm_percorsi/percorsi.htm